Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New Beginnings

In the tender compassion of our God, the dawn from on high shall break upon us to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death and to guide our feet into the way of peace.         Luke 1:78-79

In this blog of reflections I will seek to echo this scripture, which promises that new light is always dawning on those who seek God in Christ. It reminds us that God reaches out to us from tender compassion. God knows us and feels for us in our fears, disappointments and failings, and rejoices as we do.

For all of us around a campus, new beginnings abound right now. Some are exciting. I can't wait to meet new people, start a new Bible study and welcome people to Tuesday Fellowship Lunches. But newness also brings doubt and apprehension. Did I pick the right school? the right major? the right classes? the right roommate? Will I be able to juggle all my commitments?

We don't know exactly what a new semester will bring, but we do have God's promise always to bring light where there is darkness and to guide us into peace if we will let God do that. 

I'm reciting this scripture often and praying for a semester in which I welcome the light God is bringing and the peace God is drawing me toward. I pray that for each person who reads this.

God's peace,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment